What's the Role?
This is for a position as an Infrastructure DevOps / Automation Engineer located within the Enterprise Data Engineering organization.
The Data Engineering organization is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise data platforms that connect business domains across the organization to drive applications, analysis, and decision making.
- Building and deploying CI/CD pipelines for multiple modern and legacy application technologies. This includes reviewing the application architectural landscape and making appropriate CI/CD pipeline orchestration recommendations
- Will be respoinsible for training existing employees on the latest technologies.
- Providing daily automation development through scripting to ensure all system technical requirements are addressed
- Working closely with Developers, QA and Operations to ensure good quality automation is implemented on data and database migration processes
- Designing and implementing workflows to automate the release and upgrade process for applications in testing environments
- Troubleshooting build and deploy failures and facilitate resolution
- Creating system dashboards that help improve product availability
- Implementing self-service tooling for engineers to help improve team operations and management of the infrastructure
- Participating in the on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Experience designing and writing scripts for automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, or Ansible to perform software installation and configuration builds
- Experience in the development, and test of DevOps pipelines and related methodologies
- Knowledge of software-defined server profiles and roles, software-defined infrastructure, GIT source control, and SQL database administration
- A strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- College Degree, or equivalent work experience in related job function
- AWS Certification
- Experience in system development utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or related methodologies
- Experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management tooling such as Terraform or Puppet
- Familiarity with creating, updating, and Cloud Formation templates to manage infrastructure in AWS
- Experience with container systems (Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Advanced monitoring experience (CloudWatch, Zabbix, etc.)