Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Powertrain/Engine Installation needed for leading manufacturing company in Racine County. This position is a non supervisory Engineering technical leadership role. This person will provide specialty research and development, engineering analysis, system simulation and performance enhancement in strategic powertrain technology areas. This individual will be solving performance and durability analysis problems and provide design insights and leadership to the Power Systems team on a project basis.
The ideal candidate must possess the knowledge or ability to facilitate the following...
- The ability to understand how a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system works. Understand the difference between SCR and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). The relationship between RPM's and torque, the ability to calculate power, and familiarity of Diesel Engine Design and components.
- Design/Develop the integration of engines, cooling system and aftermarket devices for application in the agriculture or construction equipment industry.
- Conduct and/or participate in FEA and CFD analysis of the engine installation, cooling systems, after treatment systems and any auxiliary systems.
- Lead design reviews for engine and related systems during the development process to ensure designs meet requirements/quality targets, are cost effective and can be manufactured efficiently.
- Participate in prototype builds, vehicle validation, and field testing both domestically and abroad.
- Orchestrate and participate in quality driven initiatives such as APQP or Six Sigma for engine cooling and aftermarket systems.