Forecasts activities associated with customers and products. Creates and maintains forecast models for customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from internal and external data and performance metrics. Develops unconstrained demand plan in accordance with the monthly Integrated business plan (IBP) process calendar.
- Develops and maintains a rolling demand plan by customer/item combination
- Works closely with other departments to identify trends and refine the demand plan
- Documents and retains history of planning assumptions
- Uses Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to develop forecast models using history and seasonality impacts
- Maintains and optimizes key supply chain metrics regarding demand, supply, and service
- Supports teamwork, fact-based decision making, performance metrics trending and continuous improvement
- Assists in the allocation of products in limited supply
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple business functions and find balance in conflicting priorities
- Analytical and statistical abilities including concepts such as standard deviation, forecast error, bias, safety stock calculations and mean average percent error (MAPE)
- Knowledge and experience working in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of three years planning, production planning, forecasting and supply chain analytics
- Minimum of three years working in planning tools/software
- Flexible, organized, and detail oriented
- Demonstrated success in problem solving
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.