The Machine Technician ensures efficient operation of molding and peripheral equipment in a complex manufacturing process, determining and performing necessary adjustments, performing routing maintenance and troubleshooting equipment operations. This position is the second level in a technical career path operating automated or semi-automated equipment in a complex molding process. In support of the Schoeneck’s quest for innovation, the Machine Technician will strive to improve their work, our team, and our environment through genuine teamwork, a positive attitude, and open communication, using a safe, practical, hands-on approach.
What we need you to accomplish:
- Operate assigned plastic molding production line equipment to maximize High 5 Operational Metrics: Efficiency, Quality, Safety, Engagement and Resin Loss.
- Independently determine and perform machine adjustments, perform routine machine maintenance tasks and troubleshoot operability issues on all production equipment, including molders and peripheral quality equipment on assigned lines.
- Identify and recommend improvements and support all company continuous improvements activities. Work with plant leadership, set up and maintenance to implement improvements.
- Ensure adherence to customer specifications and accurately document all records related to downtime, production, scrap, repairs, process deviation, etc.
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for other team members and new members learning technical functions.
- Assist in identifying non-conforming product and re-work of non-conforming product as necessary.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant. Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- Perform other miscellaneous support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership. Assist in the duties of other team members, including helping to cover break times, etc.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds.
Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks.
Must laugh at jokes and enjoy attempts at humor from other members, no matter how feeble.
Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
Minimal local travel required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with advanced technical certificate or formal education preferred.
- At least 3 years of technical processing, maintenance or troubleshooting experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment, with at least one year in a plastic molding operation.
- Demonstrated Mechanical capability, aptitude for troubleshooting and learning agility in regards to technical matters, including basic knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Exhibit excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated capability in basic math and measurement.
- Ability to follow guidelines independently and work as part of a cohesive production team.
- Familiarity with basic business computer applications and mobile device applications.
- Must be able to provide own set of advanced tools
We do our own thing…together.
SCI members expect one another to support of our vision and culture through words and actions. As a start….
Everyone matters so we all actively participate in communication events because we like to know what’s going on.
Seek to understand, then to be understood by working together with a positive attitude and a smile. We communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English, sharing our ideas and listening to one another.
We’ve got each other’s back and believe in our safety policies and practices and actively promote the safety of other members, because we genuinely want them to be okay.
Our enthusiasm is contagious! We display an optimistic professional spirit in all interactions. We respect one another. The way we work together is contagious. We share it with all we meet along the way- business partners, customers, visitors, family and friends.
Speak up. Your ideas and challenges count! Our team lives for innovation. We don’t ask why, but say “why not?” And we use our time wisely so we can prioritize what’s right for our business even when we are striving to change.
Give your best – not the best, your best by jumping to developmental opportunities. We use our experience, training and knowledge to see challenges, ask questions, gather information and find ways to improve, as individuals and as teams.
Our customers like to work with us because we understand and follow our quality standards to maintain excellence in manufacturing, with particular regard to food safety requirements. Our members follow and support our safe practices and food safety standards, because we know it’s required by our customers, but also understand how important it is to their customers. In many cases, those products end up in our own homes.
We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
*Must not come through an agency to receive this bonus.
Schoeneck Containers, Inc. provides equal employment opporturnity to all individuals with no illegal consideration of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, arrest or conviction record, use or non-use of lawful products while off-duty or any other legally protected characteristic. SCI is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law. SCI is further committed to assuring that all recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation programs and all other terms and conditions of employment are granted and administered according to the same policy. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. All members are expected to give this non-discrimination policy full support. As part of our support, SCI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified disabled individuals when possible and where required by law.