Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Summary
We are currently seeking a full-time Apartment Maintenance Technician to help oversee a large apartment community located in Milwaukee, WI. The Apartment Maintenance Technician will perform routine maintenance duties to include; rough and finish carpentry, painting, equipment and facility repairs. Electrical and plumbing repairs will also be performed. This is a full-time position requiring regular attendance in accordance with Metropolitan Associates’ attendance policy, valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle as frequent travel is required. If you are looking for an opportunity with a growing organization, please keep reading!
We are offering a $500.00 hiring bonus for qualified Apartment Maintenance Technicians!
About Metropolitan Associates
With approximately 4000 apartments in more than 30 choice locations, we offer a variety of apartment homes, as well as outstanding service and experience. We are a full-service company, consisting of market-rate and government-subsidized apartments. Metropolitan Associates is one of the largest and most experienced owners and managers of government-subsidized housing in the State of Wisconsin.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities
- Apartment Maintenance Technician responds to management, staff, and resident maintenance requests and quickly executes performance of requests
- Perform inspections of all apartments, buildings and common areas
- Report and/or perform repairs as necessary and complete necessary paperwork
- Maintains tools and maintenance equipment to ensure they are in good working order; keeps maintenance room in neat condition
- Apartment Maintenance Technician performs electrical, heating, and plumbing repairs including: Basic electrical ability, changing outlets, fixtures and breakers. Basic HVAC knowledge of boilers and forced air furnaces. Basic plumbing such as changing out faucets, re-piping, replacing toilets, replacing sinks and unclogging drains
- Carpentry background to include, installation of doors to include interior and exterior cabinets, subfloors, countertops, installing shelves, hooks, or closet rods
- Basic roofing skills such as tarring stack pipes, vents and patching
- Assist in preparation of vacant apartments for new residents, including; carpentry work, drywall, painting, staining, and other necessary repairs and improvements
- Perform maintenance work at different locations as required
- Available to respond to emergency calls when on-call after hours
Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted.
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including circular saw, drill, jig saw, electrical tester, hand tools, power tools, cordless tools
- Valid Drivers License.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Position Includes Excellent Benefits Package Such As:
- Medical/vision, dental and life insurance plans
- 401(k) plan.
- Paid holidays.
- Vacation and personal days.
- Sick leave.
If you are interested in this Apartment Maintenance Technician opportunity, and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer
1123 North Astor Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Fax (414) 276-9253