Opportunity at a Glance
OnCourse Learning is a premier enterprise compliance, risk management and professional development education solutions provider for individuals and financial services institutions. Our mission at OnCourse Learning is to help people get started and succeed in their chosen professions.
At OnCourse Learning, we strive to have every employee driven by our core values: Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, and Excellence.
In support of the company mission, the Senior Software Enginerer will work as part of an agile software development team, designing, developing, and implementing software solutions. Under the supervision of the Director of Platform Engineering and following the guidelines of the Software Architect, the Senior Software Engineer will provide support for existing and new applications that are required to support OnCourse Learning’s LMS platform. You will maintain documentation used to further enhance and support applications. You must maintain industry knowledge and technical abilities through self-motivated learning, research, and development.
At OnCourse Learning, we strive to have every employee driven by our core values: Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, and Excellence. Each employee is expected to adhere to ethics policies and practices as established by OnCourse Learning.
The Good Stuff: Why Join OnCourse Learning?
- Company Culture: innovative, collaborative, fast-paced, welcoming, challenging, fun, and we encourage work-life balance.
- Excellent Benefits and Additional Perks: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, HSA, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, jeans at work every day, parenting leave, and more!
- Paid Time Off for your vacations, adult proms, mental health days, Comic-Con, etc. :)
- Professional Development: training, project opportunities, and advancement potential.
- Visit our awesome website to learn more:
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Design and development of high performing, scalable new applications, features, and functionality.
- Reviews and contributes to the architecture of the applications.
- Review work produced by other developers. Ensure adherence to standards and best practices. Verify maintainability, extensibility and assure complexity has been minimized.
- Drives changes in development standards and development processes.
- Respond to changes in technologies.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects.
- Track issues using standardize processes within tools like JIRA.
- Participate and be an active contributor to OnCourse Learning’s Software Development Lifecycle including Daily SCRUM, Stand-Ups, User Story Review, and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Manage assigned tasks to deliver quality software solutions in given timeframe.
- Analyze and fix performance problems on the application.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Programming/Engineering or related field required
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- Proven software design skills and familiarity with architectural patterns
- Strong debuggingand troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well under pressure and adapt to shifting and/or nebulous priorities
- Experience diagnosing technology system health across technology stacks that might not be related to specific area of responsibility
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.Who We Are
is a premier enterprise compliance, risk management and professional development education solutions provider for individuals and financial services institutions. Our mission at OnCourse Learning is to help people get started and succeed in their chosen professions. Over 10,000 financial institutions and partners have adopted OnCourse Learning solutions to efficiently manage complexity, change and growth. Plus, over 300,000 mortgage professionals have begun and advanced their careers with NLMS approved licensure and continuing education courses from OnCourse Learning.
OnCourse Learning is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States.","datePosted":"2019-09-25T16:06:40.758Z
Employees are hired, promoted and rewarded on the basis of talent, performance and dedication. We cannot afford to deprive the company of capable people and will not allow harassment or discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, disability or veteran status. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.