Imagine how much you will enjoy working for a company like Fisher Barton Group that provides you with a full array of market competitive benefits to provide for you and your dependents. Beginning on your 61st day following your seniority date, you are eligible to participate in a set of insurance plans and other benefits designed to meet the needs of our employees. You will also be eligible on the 1st day of the month following the completion of six calendar months of employment to participate in the Fisher Barton Group Retirement Savings Plan.
Heat treat operators are responsible for operating, maintaining, and cleaning heat treat machinery and/or equipment. Expected to provide support as a Heat Treat Operator to other Business Units. Operators must work safety at all times and efficiently to ensure top productivity in quality products produced.
- Short Run - Double lapel machine, Austemper
- Long Run - Single Lapel, Austemper, Flux Fuse
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determine types and temperatures of baths and quenching media needed to attain specified part hardness, toughness, and ductility, using heat-treating charts and knowledge of methods, equipment and metals.
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges.
- Test parts for hardness, using hardness testing equipment.
- Examine parts to ensure metal shade and color conform to specifications.
- Remove parts from baths after specified times and air dry or cool parts in water or other baths.
- Identify proper racking systems; rack and unrack a variety of parts and safely operate pneumatic hoist through austemper tank lines.
- Perform clean outs of baths with appropriate PPE and safety precautions.
- Operate weigh scale, ensuring correct amount of parts move to next operation.
- Check Quality of product machined and notify supervisor of process issues.
- Complete relevant check lists, documentation accurately and timely and per instruction.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Perform operator maintenance and/or 5S housekeeping per established schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or safety sensitive position.
- Heat Treat experience preferred.