The Clinical Systems Analyst is responsible for meeting theneeds of internal and external WRMC customers and supporting the clinicaldepartments by planning and implementing information systems for clinicalareas. The Clinical Systems Analyst acts as a liaison between clinicaldepartments and IS for software issues. This position provides the knowledgeand skills to meet physician, patient, staff, and/or hospital/clinics needs andperforms in accordance with WRMC standards and policies. The Clinical SystemsAnalyst is a highly trained individual who must solve problems under criticaltime constraints and operates under minimal supervision. Identifiesopportunities for business process improvements using information technologies.
- Responds to customer requirements in a friendly,prompt and caring manner, always maintaining the highest level ofconfidentiality and respect.
- Works as a partner with team members, anddemonstrates willingness to do whatever needs to be done to meet the needs ofinternal and external customers and the department.
- Communicates clearly and effectively withexternal and internal customers.
- Carries out safety and infection controlprocedures to insure patient, staff and visitor safety.
- Coordinates the planning of patient care systemsfor inpatient, outpatient and/or clinical areas, verifying screen layouts,assisting in defining clinical data bases, and assisting in defining securityprocedures. Also assists with testing of interfaces between various clinicalsystems.
- Coordinates the implementation of patient caresystems including developing and presenting education and training to allclinical staff, orienting new clinical personnel to systems, developing andmaintaining user manuals.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical departmentsand IS for software issues including troubleshooting software issues andhandling software problems.
- Coordinates the education of staff for computersystems, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of all hospital, clinic andnursing policies and regulations.
- Develops and maintains communication and socialskills and safeguards the confidentiality of all patients at all times.
- Maintains professional growth and developmentthrough seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast oflatest trends in fields of expertise. Performs quality assurance activities bymonitoring the quality of systems performance in accordance with hospital QAstandards.
- Serves as liaison with the Medical Staff, IS andother hospital departments regarding all computer systems affecting patientcare.
- Reports and monitors software issues reported tothe hospital information system vendors. Tests and approves software fixesprior to being moved into the production environment.
- Works with clinical departments to identifyreport writing needs and helps identify data fields needed in the reports.Builds and compiles clinical reports within the hospital information system.
- Assists clinical departments in meeting qualitymeasures by imbedding the quality measures and clinical decision support ruleswithin information systems in a meaningful way for providers, nurses andclinical support staff.
- Reviews best practice documentation provided byinformation system vendors and guides clinical areas in the implementation ofthese best practices.
- Reviews Meaningful Use Specifications and workswith clinical staff to incorporate meaningful use objectives into clinicalworkflows. Documents meaningful use workflows to meet Meaningful Use Auditrequirements.