The Business Development - Carbon Technology PFAS (known internally as Sales Representative), has direct responsibility for the profitable revenue growth throughout the designated areas of coverage and responsibility for their respective line of business specialty.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Revenue growth for the particular line of business as assigned within the assigned region or territory.
- Revenue growth must meet Company targets and must be consistent from year to year. Meet and exceed the outside revenue expectations on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Act as the "Subject Matter Expert" and the go-to person for our Carbon Technology line of business.
- Work with the LOB Management in formulating, developing and implementing market strategies, market penetration and business goals and objectives for their assigned lines of business.
- Attend Business Development Meetings and Regional Sales meetings to maximize communication to local Specialists and Account Managers regarding technical expertise, LOB/enhancements, value proposition, and competitor updates as needed.
- Ensure local business development agents sell ahead of opportunities and clearly define each customer's non-price value proposition.
- Account ownership and designated revenue responsibility in assigned accounts.
- Provide technical expertise with regards to planning and execution of the assigned LOB.
- Maintain company/contact information and document all sales calls, customer visits and business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive client base, including; network prospects and cold calling.
- Conduct contractual and service delivery negotiations with perspective and established clients on a continual basis.
- Maintain current client relationships, including follow up, support, problem solving, technical, regulatory and service recommendations.
- Collect competitor information to be reported at weekly sales meetings.
- Address billing concerns; administer collections on outstanding payments with respect to delinquent accounts.
- Prepare detailed sales, new client and activity reports; also to be communicated to the VP Sales and Sales Team at the weekly Sales meeting.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science or business management preferred
- 5+ years' experience in sales and/or operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills.
- Industry professional, versed in diplomacy and ability to interact with various personality types.
- Contract, Proposal and document management experience.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing environment.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Actively participates in industry associations and related social functions.
- Ability to travel 30%+ including overnights
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.