Are you interested in defending and protecting computer systems? Do you have experience in hackathons or protecting your own network? If so, then you should be an Information Assurance intern at Union Pacific! This position is your chance to experience the growing field of Cyber Security, helping to protect systems while learning the latest defense and threat analysis techniques.The mission of the Information Assurance group is to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Union Pacific's computing resources, as well as, providing a reliable and scalable security infrastructure. IA team members perform red team testing; vulnerability assessments; forensics; administer a breadth of industry-leading security products; provide authentication and authorization services; collaborate with team members to identify, analyze and mitigate cyber threats; and consult with other IT and business teams to provide secure technology solutions for the Company.
Primary responsibilities for this internship include: Leveraging problem solving skills and techniques, using technical knowledge to assist team members, developing secure solutions to support business processes, creating and updating scripts to automate security management processes.
As an intern, you will build knowledge and experience in our core business groups and their vision, business objectives, processes, systems, and services. The intern will have extensive contact with peers and interaction with senior leaders. There will also be an opportunity to put leadership, technical skills and business knowledge to immediate use through high value project assignments.
- Assist with project management for various company initiatives and complete administrative tasks and special projects
- Learn and perform core department business group work tasks, processes, and customer services
- Perform administrative support for department business group managers
- Develop and execute project action plans and perform team assignments
- Build and strengthen a network of professional contacts within departments and across the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College credits equivalent to one year toward an undergraduate degree with at least two semesters remaining
- Basic organization AND prioritization skills
- Basic time and project management skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- advanced analytical skills with technical abilities
- College credit in a program of study in one of the following areas: Information Assurance, CyberSecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an IT-related field with an emphasis in Information Assurance
- Experience with any or all of the following: Windows or Linux operating systems; Perl, python, PowerShell bash or other scripting languages; Web technologies including Apache, Tomcat/Iboss/ISS; LDAP, directory services
- Able to function with a high degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity
- Able to work well with others and as a member of a team
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- College student
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be available to work 15 - 20 hours per week during the school year
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.