| || |
|Give your time to support people with HIV|
ARCW is always looking for volunteers to help carry out our mission. From filling orders in the ARCW Food Pantry, to lending your professional expertise, to providing outreach to people at-risk for HIV, there is always a need for dedicated volunteers who are willing to donate their time, energy and experience.
The AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin (ARCW) is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $120 million and employing over 300 professionals. Our organization also includes both St. Louis Effort for AIDS (EFA) and Denver's Rocky Mountain CARES (RMC).The unique, nationally recognized ARCW HIV Medical Home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. ARCW also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection. ARCW operates in the states of WI, CO and MO. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes and achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
Videos to explore!
1) What Makes ARCW a Special Place to Work? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4u5_zEdc0&feature=youtu.be
2) ARCW's Medical Center: https://youtu.be/dfaLig4B1Oo
3) ARCW's Social Services and Food Pantry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHhsegWvB8&feature=youtu.be
4) The Basics - HIV Prevention and Testing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6SpQDuNa8
5) How is HIV Transmitted?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BwYFlTAGY
6) HIV: Fight Back with HIV Treatment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhioUIYmv9Q&feature=youtu.be
7) HIV: Let's Reset What We Know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_7I6M07k0&feature=youtu.be
8) HIV: The Goal of Undetectable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1bIphjxbw&t=17s
|Potential ARCW Volunteer Opportunities|
- There is a continuous need for volunteers to assist in food pantry operations including packaging, distributing and delivering food. Volunteers are involved in sorting and shelving groceries, packing grocery bags, filling orders, stocking shelves and loading and unloading deliveries. The ARCW Food Pantry serves over 500 families in Milwaukee and provides over 2,000 pounds of food each day to individuals who are in need.
Community service volunteers, word of mouth volunteers, W-2 volunteers, students, student groups, and student interns are all welcome. Youth volunteers may be accepted when accompanied by a parent or guardian. Volunteers are needed during the business day up to 6:00pm Monday through Thursday.
- Volunteers and interns to assist with an array of administrative functions including reception, program planning and special events. This is great opportunity for someone with good organizational skills and great attention to detail to provide clerical support to staff in various departments. Responsibilities may include copying, filing, data entry, typing and general office tasks. Prepare materials for bulk mailing including collating, stuffing and sorting.
- The ARCW Development Department annually sponsors three large scale fund raising events. Approximately 100-125 volunteers are needed for each event to help in a variety of capacities from planning and organization, set-up, registration, guest relations, and clean-up. Volunteers may be high school or university students or adults. Groups seeking to complete community service projects are especially welcome. The typical volunteer time commitment for each event is about 4-6 hours.
- Make A Promise Dinner
- This annual event takes place in the Spring and is attended by more than 1000 guests. The evening includes cocktails, a silent and voice auctions, dinner and live entertainment. The event brings together some of Wisconsin's leading philanthropists, government leaders, medical professionals and business leaders, as well as the support of new and existing ARCW donors. This event, utilizes volunteers for event set-up, guest registration, auction assistance and break-down and clean-up.
- AIDS Walk Wisconsin
- One of Wisconsin's largest AIDS fund raising events, AIDS Walk Wisconsin takes place in the Fall and is held at the Summerfest grounds as well as along Milwaukee's lakefront. Individual and teams are recruited from throughout Wisconsin making this the largest statewide fundraising event. Volunteers are needed before the walk to help with walker recruitment and sign-up, community outreach, fund development and event planning, and day-of event logistics and management.
- Jolly Holly Folly
- Milwaukee's start to the Holiday Season, Jolly Holly Folly is held at the Marcus Center for Performing Arts and features a sampling from 30 of Milwaukee's best restaurants and a full menu of complimentary services. From there, guests are treated to a stage performance. Jolly Holly Folly needs volunteers to help with bartending, guest registration, guest relations, coat check and event set-up and clean-up.
- The ARCW Social Services Department needs volunteers and interns on an as-needed basis in the legal services, housing and case management programs.
- The ARCW Prevention Department utilizes interns and volunteers to conduct outreach and prevention education programs targeting individuals who are at highest risk for contracting HIV.
|If you are interested in volunteering, submit an application and we will be in contact soon!|
If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
|*Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* |
ARCW is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. ARCW complies with other expanded protected classifications that may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a recipient of federal funding, ARCW will not hire nor enter into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
|*Public Student Loan Forgiveness*|
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor forgive - federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify.
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their requirements:
| || |