The Site Superintendent is responsible for overseeing site operations for projects ranging in size and complexity. The Site Superintendent will work closely with Direct Supply Resources, owners, architects and subcontractors to deliver quality workmanship on time. This is a full time on site position.
Direct Supply is the nation's leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop project specific site utilization and project phasing plans phasing and execution plans with assistance from the Construction Project Manager:
- Read and interpret project documentation to develop a thorough understanding of the project requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, plans and specifications; soils reports; survey and site grading information; and local data such as typical weather conditions, local labor affiliations, and market conditions.
- Establish service agreements and infrastructure for temporary power, phones, office trailer, testing, surveyor, etc.
- Assist Project Manager in developing the detailed construction schedule;
- Enforce OSHA and Aptura Safety practices at the site.
- Schedule and coordinate all job site activities.
- Ensure subcontractor work is in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Enforce Aptura quality standards.
- Document daily progress with daily reports and photo documentation.
- Create a "Three-Week Look Ahead" schedule each week; submit to all subcontractors weekly.
- Communicate and manage to the overall construction project schedule.
- Conduct weekly job site meetings to coordinate work progress.
- Maintain As-Built drawings at the project site.
- Supervise on-site testing.
- Communicate regularly with the Construction Project Manager.
Project Close-Out Phase
- Develop preliminary punch list with assistance from the Project Manager.
- Schedule all required final inspections such as plumbing, electrical, fire, State, and building to obtain Certificate of Occupancy.
- Assist in coordinating delivery of all FF&E items installed by Owner vendor.
- Assist the project manager in resolving all open change orders and other close-out paperwork.
- Supervise completion of the preliminary and final punch list work.