We invest in our people and provide opportunities for you to grow with us. Your experience and knowledge are our greatest asset. We are committed to helping you realize your individual potential and reach your personal goals.
As a software engineer in the Investment Products and Services (IPS) Integration & Services team, you will be responsible for developing and supporting microservices in an API Store which allow internal consumers to interact with investments data. This requires handling back-end integrations to third-party vendors, internal data stores, and the implementation of internal logic such as business rules and data access controls. The developed microservices will be deployed to an AWS cloud-distributed environment.
- Within the first two weeks, be able to take an existing project and understand the overall design, flow, and purpose by asking the appropriate questions and researching the technologies used.
- Within one month, understand the basics of RxJava, Vert.x, and the AWS infrastructure in order to be able to contribute to the development and deployment of existing projects.
- Within two months, be able to identify and suggest improvement opportunities within the stack. Have a basic understanding of the business area which the team supports.
- Within three months, have an intermediate or higher proficiency of RxJava and Vert.x. Be able to build out entire features within the stack.
- 2+ years of hands-on, professional experience building high-volume, high-availability distributed systems
- Knowledge of current software engineering trends, best practices and standards
- Ability to solve problems and technical challenges throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Expertise writing and debugging Java applications
- Experience with Git for source code management
- Ability to create automated builds and tests using frameworks such as Gradle, JUnit, and Mockito
- CI/CD knowledge
- Experience with cloud distributed systems - AWS preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High-level analysis skills to provide feedback and improvement opportunities for the overall solution. This includes but is not limited to: audit controls, data privacy, security, and overall architecture/design.
- Ability to collaborate successfully and effectively with team members. Includes but not limited to: participating in daily scrum standups, pair programming, engaging in peer code reviews, and utilizing collaboration tools like Slack and Skype.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 26008
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
Licenses/Certifications: Not Applicable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/29/2019