ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB in Auburn, Maine is hiring! We are looking for qualified Machinist candidates. Various shifts are available and will be determined upon current vacancies. Submit your application and resume to our candidate pool and let's see about making a career with ABB a possibility for you!Your responsibilities
*Set Up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
*Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories or materials onto/into machines.
*Measure, examine, or inspect completed parts to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, gages, and CMM.
*Insert program instructions into machine, change programs when necessary to start operation.
*Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing and finished work piece dimensions.
*Write simple programs for computer controlled machine tools.
*Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programing is faulty or if machines malfunction.
*Control coolant systems, oil levels and other cutting fluids required by job.
*Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
*Clean machines, tooling, or parts using solvents or solutions and rags.
*Maintains numerical and written records.
*Performs basic SAP, QMS, Proficy transactions.
*Process chips when required.
*Retrieve tooling from crib inventory.
*Write inspection reports.
-This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks and/or responsibilities that may be assigned/reassigned at any time.
* Set Up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized VMC machine tools used to perform precision machining operations
* Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines
*Write and/or edit simple programs for computer controlled machine tools.
* Measure, examine, or inspect completed parts to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, drop gauges, or any other measuring instrument for the job.
* Directs the work of others and provides leadership in a team environment for production scheduling and team goals
* Interprets MOSs & BOMs
* Frequent heavy lifting
* Maintain numerical and written records
* Performs work per the quality work plans and ensure operators execute standard work
* Selects work from SAP production schedule and perform confirmation transactions
* Communicates effectively across shifts
* Operates cells / equipment as needed
-This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks and/or responsibilities that may be assigned/reassigned at any time
*Associates in Precision Machining Technology or equivalent degree or 3 years of CNC/VMC work experience.