Title: CTT Instructor -- Welding
Job Category: Operations Non-Management
Line of Business: Job Corps Services
About this Career Opportunity:
Provides professional level career technical training (CTT) to students in accordance with Department of Labor (DOL) directives. Also responsible for instructing social skills, employability skills, applied academics and project-based learning.
- Less than 2% unexcused class absences
- Classroom Management as evidenced by # of classroom incidents
- Active trainee engagement - monitored by classroom observation
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate attendance records/hourly/per class period
- Demonstrates the ability to manage the classroom environment and classroom discipline for effective learning
- Demonstrates full knowledge of competency-based instruction, computer assigned instruction, cooperative learning techniques
- Actively participates in weekly center team meetings
- Actively participates in departmental and all staff meetings
- Completes required staff training in a timely manner
- Reports directly to departmental manager
- Model, mentor, monitor appropriate work place behavior
- Completes weekly reports as required
- Basic computer skills are required, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Work and Excel
- Ensuring clean and safe work environment
- Participates in active shooter and fire drills
- Delivers necessary accommodations to students
- Operates in accordance with the requirements of the Policy Requirements Handbook (PRH), Standard Operating Procedures in function area and corporate policies
- Evaluates and records student progress/evaluations and case notes in the Center Information System (CIS), where appropriate
- Delivers quality customer service to students
- Assists with student retention
- Maintains lesson plans relevant to course material
- Facilitates communication with center departments
- Employs activities which offer Career Success Standards (CSS) and employability skills building opportunities for students
- Assists with job placement, military, college, and post-secondary education
- Tracks all statistics pertaining to the CTT-10 Report
- Aligns curriculum with Industry Standards and Training Achievement Record
- Develops industry partnerships that could lead to work-based learning, internships, and job placement outcomes
- Assists students in obtaining primary and secondary credentials
- Coordinates and participates with academic department for integrated learning opportunities
- Updates electronic Training Achievement Record (eTAR) at a minimum bi-weekly
- Provides innovative, creative and engaging training to the students
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Should have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work with a variety of cultures, languages, educational and economic backgrounds in a classroom setting.
- Needs strong organizational skills and attention to detail and have excellent communication skills.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, groups of managers, students, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and see related conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram terms, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education and Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid State Driver's License recommended.
- Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the center is located, or is accredited by a professional trade organization is required.
- For NTC, instructor must be certified by union or trade organization, or by a national trade certifying organization. (RO may waive if center is unable to hire certified or licensed instructors, but candidates must pursue certification).
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Job Corps Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a CTT Instructor -- Welding.
About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500 workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices, assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job seekers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
6665 N 60TH ST, MILWAUKEE, WI 53223-5805 USA
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (“ResCare”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.