Deputy Clerk III
Rate of Pay: $19.06 - $21.57
Excellent learning environment with great opportunities. On the job training provided for the right person. We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat can-do attitude.
This position assists with cases filed with the Ozaukee County Clerk of Court's office including criminal, civil, traffic, and other cases from initial filing to final disposition by developing and maintaining case files. Scheduling and assigning hearings, clerking in court room proceedings, and implementing procedures for monetary dispositions; provides customer services daily to a wide variety of individuals and agencies; and acts on behalf of the court clerk in his or her absence.
Work individually and in teams on a variety of assignments that require dedication to providing customers with a professional court experience; an eye for detail; and excellent communication, time management and technological skills to match our fast-paced, high-volume, electronic environment. This diverse, professional environment promotes equity for all court staff and court users.
The core hours for this position are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, but may vary depending on the assignment and operational needs within the Court Support Division at the Ozaukee County Justice Center in Port Washington, Wisconsin.
- Maintaining case files for criminal, civil, traffic, and other cases from initial to final disposition in accordance with established procedures and designated timelines;
- Assisting in maintaining court calendars by scheduling hearings according to procedures
- Providing customer service in many different ways to many different users including external (public, attorneys) and internal (partner agencies) by providing information about the court's protocols and procedures to make sure they receive correction information;
- Providing assistance in court rooms by maintaining case files and minutes of proceedings; handling in-court exhibits; empanelling juries; recording proceedings; being responsible for sound and video equipment; and providing court interpretive services when needed to facilitate processes of the court;
- Performing clerk duties as assigned to assist the circuit court in disposing of actions and to provide direct court contact for citizens;
- Filing, scanning, and indexing documents on any new or ongoing action for civil, criminal, probate, juvenile; adoption, mental illness, traffic, family, and small claims cases, as well as appeals, using manual and automated processes;
- Training and orientating new staff and train current staff on new procedures as needed
- Performing other work as assigned.
- Prefer Minimum of an Associates Degree from an accredited college.
- High School Diploma or GED would be considered with excellent work experience.
- Three years of post high school work experience providing administrative support.
- One year of recognized post high school training in business, administrative professional or closely related field may substitute for one year of the work experience requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate.
- Prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
- Comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication, be able to follow both verbal and written instruction and work independently.
If you have applied to this position within the last 6 months, you do not need to reapply. Due to the high volume of applications anticipated, the Court will only contact applicants selected for interviews.
Please DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL the Court inquiring about the position.
Ozaukee County offers a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace. Ozaukee County conducts criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.