Byline Bank is a growing financial institution and we’re hoping you can join our team and grow with us!
We are currently seeking a Loan Servicing Specialist to be responsible for accurately processing all loan transactions, including loan payments, advances, escrows, and participations. This position is also responsible for setting up and maintaining data on the system for new and renewed loans.
Come work with us. Work in a place where hard work is rewarded. Where you make a real difference. Where the people you work with treat you like family – because that’s exactly what you are.
What you need to bring…
An interest in SBA Lending and Commercial Banking and working with people, building relationships and providing the best customer experience possible is essential to this role.
Loan Servicing Specialist Core Responsibilities:
- Process incoming insurance notices, validation of coverage, etc.
- Work to ensure full coverage on the loan portfolio.
- Monitor all coverage including hazard, life, builders risk, flood, etc.
- Respond to commercial loan maintenance ticklers, i.e., loan maturities, renewals, and UCCs.
- Prepare loan documentation for commercial loans, mostly renewals or modifications.
- Enter, verify and maintain data for new, renewed and modified commercial and consumer loans onto the loan accounting system, including government guaranteed credit facilities.
- Review all draws prior to processing for compliance with bank and/or government policy.
- File documents and reports with governmental agencies along with the remittance of funds as required.
- Review closing documents, final title and security filings for completeness and accuracy.
- Review of CIPs and risk assessment forms.
- Process loan payments, payoffs, and advances for all loans, including charged-off and non-accrual loans.
- Process transactions for loan participations purchased from/sold to affiliates and other financial institutions.
- Research and resolve customer inquiries regarding general account information.
- Reconcile loan accounts to general ledger accounts, researching and resolving problems accordingly.
- Processing secondary mortgage market transactions and reconciliations.
- Establishing and maintain records on third party data systems utilized in monitoring tax records, insurance records, etc.
- Remit insurance and tax escrow payments to appropriate agencies.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 or more years of commercial loan operations experience is preferred but not required.
- General understanding of loan operations and functions.
- Knowledge of Small Business Administration loan closing and processing requirements- is preferred but not required
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to work with all levels of management, willingness to learn new concepts, adaptable to frequent change, sense of ownership, strong attention to detail are all characteristics of an individual that might be successful in this role.
- Experience with Fiserv Signature a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
Byline Bank is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, due to a medical condition or disability, during any part of the application, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.