What you will do
The GlobalDirector of IT Asset Management (ITAM) will manage all aspects of theadministrative, financial, capital and operations of the global IT assetmanagement processes. This includes establishing and implementing hardware andsoftware (including SaaS) acquisition, protection, maintenance, retirement,disposal, media sanitization and retention policies. This includes ensuring that assets arein compliance with vendor contracts.
How you will do it
- Lead a team of ITAM professionals, providing appropriatecoaching, feedback, and training; be the champion for Clarios' long-term ITAMcommitment, showcasing risk reduction within our security and financialcapabilities
- Responsible for policy creation and governance of theecosystem for stakeholders who are responsible for the day-to-day management ofthe assets. This includes CMDB mappingto provide vertical visibility to technical health and horizontal visibility toapplication ECO environments.
- Manage IT asset risk management and compliance activitiesfor IT hardware and software assets which includes working with business and ITstakeholders to determine the asset management governance of new technologiesbefore they are deployed.
- Assign and oversee responsibilities for softwarelicensing compliance including auditing support and compliance investigation,entitlement, usage, and licensing harvesting.
- Assign and oversee responsibilities for providing HW/SWplatform financial planning and forecasting for budgetary input into the DemandManagement process.
- Define Clarios' ITAM program target maturity level to beaccomplished, assess Clarios' ITAM program maturity improvements, driveimprovements, and achieve the agreed to targets
- Analytics/Reporting on software and hardware performance,costs, compliance
- Approve and ensure socialization of ITAM methodologies,associated policies, and practices for IT asset life cycle management
- Ensure third-party services provide transparency intoasset data and performance through timely ITAM analysis and reporting to enableClarios to optimize risk, cost, and performance
- Assign and oversee responsibilities for the review andmanagement of software version compliance.
- Assign and oversee the definition and adoption ofCapability/Services framework and the use of this framework in five-year roadmapping, portfolio optimization, and business health.
- Recommend changes to ITAM roles and responsibilities
- Create ITAM communication plan, metrics, and strategy map;regular reporting of the IT asset portfolio, and update internal controls to maintainaccuracy and efficiency
- Maintain and implement IT asset management training tostakeholder teams
- Create and manage organization-wide asset managementsystems and serve as liaison to Finance and other departments as related to theasset management function. In conjunction with the Clarios Service Managementorganization ensure that Software Self-service request offerings are availableto end users. This includes self-service, automation, and workflow tools forthe ITAM space
- Engage and understand industry best practices for softwarelicensing
- Perform other work based on need, capacity, and expertise
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree required with a concentration in business, finance, accounting, and or computer science/IT engineering. MBA preferred.
- Minimum ten years of proven experience in IT asset management.
- Common understanding of IT platforms and technology.
- Proven experience managing hardware and software assets at an enterprise level and/or high security environment.
- Certification preferred as a Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP), and/or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Experience of the end to end IT assetmanagement process from plan to dispose is required
- Working knowledge of IT asset technologyecosystem
- Knowledge or familiarity with ITIL processes and methods.ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Strong people management skills and global experience; strongtechnical and non-technical communication skills.
- Strong experience with MS Visio, PowerPoint, MS Word andMS Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain high levels of clienttrust and confidence.
- A proven track record of drivingthe delivery of large, complex and global projects
Clarios, formerlyJohnson Controls Power Solutions, is a world leader in advanced energy storagesolutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand forsmarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop,manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies forvirtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquelysustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety andcomfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain,contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we allshare. Learn more about Clarios at .
Clarios, LLC is anequal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status asa qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protectedby law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. Ifyou are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation duringthe application process, please email