The NOC Engineer 1 position within INOC’s Service Desk Team is the first point of contact answering phone calls and cutting tickets based on the callers needs. The person in this position is required to work in a team environment, under limited supervision and reports to the NOC Shift Manager. Due to the nature of INOC’s 24x7 support business, the NOC Engineer 1 must be present in the Network Operations Center (NOC) at all times during the work shift.
INOC’s Service Desk Team provides communication, information, and resolution to customers who call in with issues. As the first point of contact for the customers; the NOC Engineer 1’s goal is to provide an efficient and effective response to customer's problems and concerns by providing quick answers, escalations, straightforward resolutions, and accurate results.
INOC provides a full benefits package to include: health, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) match, life insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, generous vacation time package, certification reimbursement.
- Answer incoming calls in a pleasant helpful manner
- Escalate issues to Senior Staff/Shift Lead/Shift Manager
- Perform incident documentation by creating tickets. Incident documentation includes selection of the affected party, prioritization of the incident, filling in the mandatory fields such as type and time of incident and a brief description.
- Update customers regarding the status of their inquiries or issues via telephone or email
- Research and resolve issues such as documentation requests, repeat issues, customer follow-up as appropriate, recommend any process improvements and provide shift turn over status.
- Perform notification and escalation of the incident as documented in customer specific procedures in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
- Be the front line to INOC’s technical support staff members by coordinating and routing incidents, calls and tickets
- Respond to network events, customer telephone calls and e-mails (collectively referred to as “incidents”).
- Monitor the alarm activity (includes multiple customers and INOC internal infrastructure) through the software monitoring system
- Track incidents where applicable to verify that response times and availability requirements established in the SLA are met.
- Create and update tickets with 100% accuracy, following established procedures
- Use proper spelling, grammar, and context when updating tickets or sending emails
- Execute projects given by Management
- Personal Training and Career development
- Excellent customer service skills. Requires a minimum of 2 years of customer service experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Must be able to document issues with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting and the OSI network model