The Platform Engineer Intern is an important member of team and works as a resource to the Technology Platform organization. Within this role, the intern will support our fellow Partners by managing various platform tasks and activities along with being a resource for process management, process improvement, information systems and metrics.
Reports To: Manager, Technology and Platforms
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Platform Operational Support (70%)
- Provide day to day operational ownership of a subset of IT Infrastructure platforms and applications
- Create and maintain operational system documentation.
- Perform required maintenance and updates.
- Seek to identify, investigate, resolve, and document resolution of system problems.
- Repair and recover from software or hardware failures and test procedures regularly.
- Assist Platform Engineers in establishing, maintaining and enforcing system standards.
- Provide level two escalation support on server/systems related tickets
- Process Improvement and Documentation (20%)
- Assist the team in the development of new standards and expand existing standards for the team
- Document technical systems and end-user self-help guidelines
- Research (10%)
- Research new technologies and make cost appropriate recommendations