Performs logistics and administrative support for the Plymouth Distribution Center. Works directly with warehouse staff, order entry, inventory control, and Toro fleet, with responsibility for accurate and up-to-date orders, receivings, international shipment information, RGA’s, and bill of ladings at Toro’s Worldwide Distribution Center.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with general telephone reception and inquiries regarding order status.
- Assists with the processing and flow of daily customer orders.
- Processes plant and vendor receiving information, preparing documentation required for inspection, paint, packaging, internal assemblies, and stock.
- Processes international orders, preparing required documentation for accurate and timely shipments.
- Processes Return Goods Authorizations (RGA’s) and adjusts inventory as required.
- Creates Bills of Lading for LTL and International shipments.
- Develops a working knowledge of all Toro parts office operations responsibilities.
- Cross-trains with operations assistants to ensure a working knowledge of all Toro parts office operations responsibilities.
- Develops working knowledge of voice picking system.
- Configures shipments using a variety of vendor portal systems.
- Performs cycle counts of parts as required and assists inventory control as needed.
- Carries out special tasks and projects as needed or assigned by management.
- High school education or GED required; college education preferred
- Minimum of one 1-3 years customer service, administrative assistant, or similar experience, preferably in a warehouse environment
- Strong computer skills – Outlook (email), Internet, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge and/or ability to learn and utilize UPS Worldship, SAP, TMS, and CMS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively and diplomatically interact with and meet customer needs (internal and external)
- Excellent phone skills
- Tactful in conflict resolution situations
- Ability to manage large workload and excel at prioritizing and organizing tasks
- Strong data entry and system navigation skills required
- Must be able to work effectively in high pressure situations in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make a valuable contribution to team objectives
- Aptitiude to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Must be accurate and organized
- Ability to cross train
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices.
- Ability to stand and walk about the distribution center, including climbing stairs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer components.