* Familiar with mobile maintenance phone app for work order process.
* Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests, make-ready status and work in progress status.
* Inspect and coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services.
* Report all major repairs, requisition supplies and/or services necessary to complete task.
* Change locks and make keys.
* Maintain adequate inventory of supplies.
* Ensure grounds are litter free. Rake, sweep, and shovel as circumstances warrant.
* Works on call hours as scheduled.
* Attend and participate in departmental meetings, in-services and training as required.
* Perform any other tasks as deemed necessary by administration.
* Diagnose, perform minor repairs and routine maintenance as directed, to include but not limited to the following:
* Electrical, air conditioning/heating systems, plumbing to include water lines.
* Boilers, gas and electric.
* Water irrigation systems.
* Gas fixtures and/or appliances where applicable.
* Patios, stairs, railing and gates.
* Tile, carpeting, flooring.
* Interior and/or exterior lighting, fireplaces and ceiling fans.
* Interior and exterior doors, shutters, cabinets, windows and sliding glass doors
* Door locks, post office boxes and locks, and security systems were applicable.
* Ceiling leaks
Senior Living- Specific Tasks
* Oversee and perform daily collection of garbage and recyclables.
* Assist in set up for parties and events as assigned.
* Assist in set up and dismantle of all holiday decorations as assigned.
* Assist with community parties and events as assigned.
* Maintain logs for fire inspection, exit lights, emergency lights, and extinguishers as required per state code for assisted living facility.
* Assist with contracted maintenance such as fire equipment inspections, etc.
* Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, make-ready and work in progress status.
* Acknowledge, comprehend and support the residents and the Resident Bill of Rights.
* Maintain confidentiality of both residents and staff.
* Maintain communication with the Administrator regarding issues with residents, families, and/or staff.
Education and/or Experience
* High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum 7+ years of experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Negative TB Test. (Forest Ridge location only)
* Ability to lift 40 pounds.
* Operate motor vehicle; adequate hearing and vision.
* Frequent walking, reaching, bending, lifting, and/or stooping throughout the course of the workday.
* Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
As a recipient of the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Top Workplaces Award, we have proven ourselves as one of the best places to work in Southeastern Wisconsin. We understand that work is your second family which is why we created the Fun Committee. This committee is comprised of members from various departments with the main goal of making Wimmer and enjoyable place to work. Quarterly lunches, our annual holiday party, March Madness bracket challenges as well as the Wimmer 25 Week Wellness Challenge keeps our work family invested in one another and our mission.
Wimmer Communities provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wimmer Communities complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.