An ideal opportunity for individuals pursuing a degree in education, recreation, social work, psychology, or child development as it offers hands on experience working with school age children. Build your resume, enjoy creative play, and be a positive role model for kids in the community. Under the direction of the Youth Development Director, and in accordance with the Association policies set forth by the YMCA of Greater Waukesha County, the Extended Care Staff will be responsible for the supervision and engagement of the 4K and Preschool Extended Care participants. Must be able to work a minimum of three shifts per week during one of the following shifts: 6:45 - 8:45 AM, or 2:00 - 6:00 PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify priorities for the Extended Care program.
- Follow the direction of the Site Supervisor and Youth Development Director.
- Follow daily activities/schedules and provide child supervision.
- Actively engage and participate in daily activities with children.
- Suggest any supplies and equipment needed for the program.
- Communicate with the Site Supervisor and Youth Development Director regarding parent communication for the program.
- Communicate with parents, Y staff, and children with professionalism and respect.
- Adhere to all YMCA disciplinary policies and communicate with the Youth Development Director regarding all disciplinary actions with children.
- Follow the YMCA's emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all children. Communicate all emergency concerns and situations with the Site Supervisor and Youth Development Director.
- Maintain clean and well organized work and program space at all times.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Site Supervisor and Youth Development Director.
- Uphold and exemplify the principles of the YMCA of Greater Waukesha County
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings that are scheduled by the Youth Development Director.