Safely and responsibly operates all types of vehicles: tractor-trailer, tanker, yard tractor, pickup truck, company van, etc., for company pickup and deliveries. Load and unload trucks with the use of motorized and non-motorized equipment: forklift/pallet jack, etc., to ensure goods are loaded properly to prevent damage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport materials to and from specified locations.
- Schedule and arrange pickup and unloading of outside carriers.
- Coordinate with receiving to ensure all outside trucking (pick up and deliveries) are accomplished efficiently.
- Monitor and schedule routine equipment maintenance.
- Ensure compliance standards are met.
- Demonstrates responsibility for vehicle, tractor trailer, and materials in transit.
- Performs inspections and preventative maintenance; ensure truck and equipment is in good running order.
- Signs for material being received and secures signature on bill of lading for material being delivered. Coordinates paperwork requirements with internal departments as necessary.
- Operate outdoor equipment: snow plow, lawn tractor, etc. as necessary.
- Loads/unloads material from trucks as required.
- Operates forklift and perform other material handling duties as noted.
- Utilizes WMS and record inventory transactions accurately.
- Assists with administrative functions within shipping and receiving or inventory areas.
- Maintains clean, safe environment and adheres to all safety requirements on the property and while driving on the road. Maintains compliance with all road and DOT laws and guidelines.
- Communicates immediately if any equipment used requires repairs, including dock equipment.
- Participates in Lean initiatives and suggest other continuous improvement ideas.
- May perform basic mechanical and electrical repairs.
- May assist with miscellaneous maintenance functions such as changing lights, repairing windows and doors, moving furniture, monitoring building temperatures and makes necessary adjustments.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or completion of GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of Over The Road (OTR) semi tractor/truck driving experience.
Certification / Licensure(s):
- Valid government issued Commerical Drivers License (CDL).
- Clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knolwedge of the rules of the road.
- Knowledge of large truck/semi specific laws and regulatory requirements as defined by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Knowledge of forklift operations.
- Good communications skills and the abiltiy to effectively communicate in english both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully pass the DOT physical exam.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to perform simple mechanical maintenance.
Normal warehouse/distribution center environment with greater than 75% travel required.
For employment within the United States, Lamplight Farms Incorporate, a division of the W.C. Bradley Co., uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Lamplight Farms Incorporated, like all divisions of the W.C. Bradley Co.
is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires Lamplight Farms Incorporated, like all divisions of the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with Lamplight Farms Incorporated and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 262.790.8616 or visit us at W140N4900 Lilly Rd, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051.
Nearest Major Market: Waukesha
Nearest Secondary Market: Milwaukee