Vice President of PurchasingUline is seeking a Vice President of Purchasing to join our Purchasing team.
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Come visit one of our Open Houses! Visit uline.jobs for details. Uline's inventory philosophy will blow you away: Everything in stock, at all locations, at all times. We made customer service a priority from the very beginning, offering the highest quality products delivered the next business day.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
Our philosophy drives the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. This critical leadership role will continue to ensure that Uline delivers on its promises.
- Partner with the Merchandising team to achieve a customer-centric product assortment that builds profitable, repeat sales.
- Work collaboratively across departments to develop stable procurement and execution strategies.
- Develop and maintain forecasts for future demand.
- Lead and develop key vendor relationships in partnership with product managers.
- Select and implement a new demand planning package, moving the procurement process from a manual to an automated environment.
- Establish goals, track performance and create accountability at all levels to support the company's profit objectives.
- Formulate and recommend department policies and procedures.
- Recruit, develop and retain high-quality associates, creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree a plus.
- 15+ years experience in a purchasing, demand forecasting, replenishment and / or allocations role.
- Familiarity with catalog, e-commerce, retail and / or wholesale operations.
- AS/400 and other procurement systems knowledge a plus.
- Experience leading large organizations with multiple levels of associates.
- Experience leading large projects to successful completion.
- Understands forecasting process and algorithms.
- Extensive knowledge of inventory management.
- Proven ability to excel in a challenging, high SKU count environment.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make tough decisions.
- Experienced communicator at all levels of an organization.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site cafe with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.#LI-BA1