Job Description Company Description
We are seeking a 3rd shift Smokehouse Operator to join our team!
- This position will work in the smokehouse and cook product in accordance to the specifications.
- This is a key position that allows Klement's to cook our product to the wonderful, tasty snack and meal our customers love!
- Someone who is a good fit for this position will be able to follow specifications for the smoking cycle and will be comfortable inspecting both the smokehouse and product.
- This position also requires someone who is comfortable working independently.
- Verify that supplies are prepared for the cook process.
- Operate cook tanks to prepare materials.
- Move full racks and nestainers out of the kitchen and into the smokehouse.
- Smoke, cook, and shower sausage using the production memo.
- Input setting onto control panel based on cook book instructions.
- Ensure that generators are working and load them with saw dust throughout the cook cycle.
- Inspect product to ensure proper cook.
- After cooking product, if required, push finished product into the cooler for stabilization.
- In between work processes inspect the house for cleanliness and if needed follow sanitation process.
- Manage and update records on temperatures for the U.S.D.A. and ensure compliance with operation guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to write, read and comprehend instructions
- Familiarity operating a computer
- Previous Experience working in a Smokehouse preferred
- HACCP certification preferred
- 35 - 48 F; Humidity
- Slippery Floors
- Noise Intensity Level: Hearing protection required
For six generations, Klement Sausage Company has been making European handcrafted sausages in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our rich history dedicated to quality has made Klement's the industry standard in handcrafted, Old World sausage. Klement's delicious sausage products are meticulously crafted in small batches the way it used to be done in the butcher shops in the Old World. Today, there are 700 varieties of Klement's products in homes, delicatessens and in the food service and snack industries.