At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
- Ensure agile/scrum, program/project management best practices are created, deployed and optimized to drive delivery excellence.
- Lead a team of scrum masters and project managers to support Technical Initiatives, Upgrades, Re-platforms, Cloud migrations and Decommissioning efforts across a variety of traditional and modern platforms.
- Manage communications & status reporting across the full portfolio of programs and projects and apply the appropriate reporting techniques depending on the type of work
- Educate and implement an agile mindset across teams, programs and projects
- Challenge, partner with and align stakeholder leadership on strategy, business priorities and approach to ensure effective and efficient delivery based on agreed timelines
- Understand and evangelize key risks and issues to bring 100% transparency for initiatives in progress
- Drive continuous process enhancements/improvements that ensure efficiency and improve outcomes
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 10+ years of Project/Program Management experience in Infrastructure across both modern “start-ups” and traditional “enterprise” firms
- 3 years of experience with Agile, Scrum and Kanban practices
- Educated, Master’s degree preferred, minimum BA/BSc degree, with continuous education on Program Management, Methodologies
- Technically strong individually, ideally someone with a background in Engineering
- Solid functional knowledge, PMO program/project management, strategy, business development, product development and operations
- Experience leading with an agile mindset exhibiting customer/client orientation
- Exceptional cross-functional, stakeholder management and communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization in a collaborative team environment across multiple business units and complex environments
- Strong ability to lead a high-performing team of scrum masters, project managers
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others and roll up sleeves to provide a consultative approach while creating successful outcomes
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively and use critical thinking to drive results
- Broad industry-wide experience in successfully building and transforming a technical scrum project/program management organization
- Technical experience in multiple technology disciplines
To continue to grow your career, apply now!
Hiring Manager: Sathish K Gururajan
Position Recruiter: Gregory A Stewart
Location: 100 E Wisconsin Ave, Ste 2300, Milwaukee, WI, Milwaukee, 53202, United States (US)
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Master's Desired
Employment Experience: 9+ years
FLSA Status: Exempt