Kalmbach Media has an outstanding career opportunity for the Production Editor of American Snowmobiler, our leading brand for snowmobiling enthusiasts. The brand includes a magazine published 6 times a year, the AmSnow.com website, powerful social media and email newsletter presence, plus a schedule of exclusive events in season.
- The Production Editor serves a critical role in both the creation of content for the brand and in managing many day-to-day operations. Chiefly, this role monitors and maintains workflow and deadlines for content across all platforms of the brand. This editor is the linchpin of the brand, serving as a liaison between our off-site contract editors and internal editorial and design staff.
- Superior organizational skills are required. Although you will receive training on our production tools and processes, administrative experience managing calendars, schedules, workflow, etc. is expected. This position also maintains the brand's digital presence, posting content to the website, maintaining a strong social media presence, and producing email newsletters. Strong writing and editing skills across print and digital platforms are required. This is a deadline-driven business, so exceptional time-management skills are also required.
- While the ideal candidate would have knowledge, understanding and passion for snowmobiling, knowledge and interest in any kind of outdoor winter activity or motorsports would be welcome.
- Some travel, including weekend travel, may be required in order to cover or attend various events or rides during the winter season.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Two to five years' experience helping to manage processes or operations for any content-driven business (website, newspaper, magazine, etc.,) writing/editing print/digital content for daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Ability to create'and work with others in the creation of'lively, informative, entertaining content about the leisure activity of snowmobiling.
- Bachelor's in communications, journalism, media or related field preferred.
- Basic proficiency and ability to ride and handle snowmobiles (and related equipment) is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position
- Your salary requirements
We are located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits!
Kalmbach Media Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC.