Job Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for oversight of all 2nd shift (2:15 - 10:30 pm) employees and production; ensuring the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Delegates assignments to Production Workers on a daily basis.
- Inspects progress of workers' assignments daily.
- Ensures products are properly packed and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensures production workers perform inspections for each order, in accordance with quality control standards and order requirements.
- Ensures complete documentation of parts inspected on appropriate paperwork as required.
- Ensures production equipment set up's are completed as required.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate individuals.
- Ensures materials required for each order are available and properly prepared, and orders materials as needed.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and specifications.
- Ensure all ISO procedures are being followed and that all work instructions are kept current and being used by all production staff.
- Ensure all labor and production data is reported and entered correctly into the computer.
- Manages personnel related matters of production workers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience using Microsoft Office,
- ERP (SAP preferred) and HRIS (ADP preferred) software
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proven leadership capability
- Mechanical / Electrical troubleshooting skill set nice to have