Carter’s Christian Academy (CCA) is a K4-8th grade school, which participates in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program. Our goal is to provide a quality academic education from a Christian perspective in an environment of academic excellence where students will grow mentally, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually.
PRIMARY DUTIES: 1) Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, policies, and administrative regulations.
2) Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
3) Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
4) Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
5) Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, and professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social development.
6) Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies.
7) Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
8) Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
9) Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of learning needs.
10) Modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
11) Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
12) Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
13) Coordinate placement of students with special needs into mainstream classes.
14) Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
15) Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine students' strengths and areas of need.
16) Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
17) Perform administrative duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall and cafeteria monitoring, and bus loading and unloading.
18) Sponsor extracurricular activities such as clubs, student organizations, and academic contests.
19) Supports the school and its leadership.
20) Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY and maintain the integrity of CCA
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education and State of Wisconsin Teacher Certification.
Length of Employment: This is a full-time (10 month) salaried position. Salary will be commensurate with background, training and experience. Contract begins August 2016. Application deadline: August 8, 2016 Application procedure: Qualified candidates must email a letter of interest, current resume, three letters of reference, and copy of Wisconsin certification to Andre’ Carter, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org