Title: Medical Biller/ Follow Up Representative
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 am until 4:30 pm
Wage: $11.00-18.00 hourly based on experience
ebix, Inc..is a multi-regional revenue cycle management firm, providing medical billing, physician education and auditing for independent healthcare providers. Poised for significant growth in the near future, we are looking for talented people to continue to move forward.
This position is accountable for the resolution and payment of claims.
1. Claims denial management / appeals
2. Open insurance claim resolution
3. Assist patient and insurance companies with problem resolution or correction
4. Enter account comments, initial, subsequent, and follow-up tracking notes
5. Update information on patient accounts received from any and all sources
6. Contact third-party payers to check the status of submitted claim
7. Provide a high level of customer service to patients and third-party payers
8. Maintain client and patient confidentiality at all times
9. Assist team members as needed to meet client requirements
10. Answer patient and insurance company phone calls
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- One-year prior work experience in the same or related position
- Experience with Revenue Cycle Management (RCM)
- Must be comfortable working with excel spreadsheets
- Familiar with multi-line telephone system
- Strong oral, written communication, and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but is intended to be a generalized guide of job duties. Management may change the job responsibilities and expectations based on business requirements.
Our company does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.