Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our growing Connectivity Team.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer for Generac, you will be responsible for designing and developing new and innovative products as well as interfacing with a cross-functional team. Your contributions will build better solutions to connect our dealers and our customers affording both better information for better decision making.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in hardware design.
- Experience in design of industrial/automotive electronic control systems and assemblies
- Experience with Freescale PowerPC and/or Microchip PIC microcontrollers
- Experience with Altium Designer for schematic capture and layout
- Familiarity with simulation software such as P-Spice, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx, Matlab Simulink
- Experience with designing battery charging circuitry, Switch-Mode Power Supply (SMPS)
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
- RF/wireless controls knowledge
- Conduct FMEA/DFMEA analysis
- Experience with design release process
- Knowledge of PID loops
- Communication protocol/ hardware interface knowledge, such as RS232, RS485, CAN, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, ADC/DAC, WiFi/Bluetooth
- Design to meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA, EPA
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."