Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
* Average pay: $59,000 per year.
* DAY 1 BENEFITS such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.
* 401(k) with annual company match starts at 90 days.
* Paid holidays and sick leave, educational assistance program, and more!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Shuttle Driver is a NO TOUCH FREIGHT position. They are responsible for delivering full trailers to our domicile locations and returning empty trailers to our distribution centers.
* Drive and maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Inspect the rig for defects pre- and post-trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Ensure that product is secured inside the trailer for undamaged transport; ensure that load bars are engaged and pallets are secure inside trailer.
* Use a scanner to ensure the correct load is inside the trailer.
* May at times perform line haul and/or backhaul.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
* At least 21 years of age.
* Valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
* At least 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor trailer driving experience.
* Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
* Lift and move product and pallets which may weigh up to 75 pounds.
* Pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.