Batteries Plus Bulbs is the nation's first, largest and fastest growing battery and light bulb franchise of its kind, offering a comprehensive selection of batteries, light bulbs, related products and services that meet the growing demands of retail consumers and businesses alike. With over 700 stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and access to over 45,000 unique battery and light bulb products, Batteries Plus Bulbs has become the single source supplier for all battery and light bulb power needs. Step up your career and join with a proven leader.
If you're seeking a new career opportunity, Batteries Plus Bulbs offers a terrific start: a wide variety of experiences, the chance to build knowledge and skills, and the opportunity to take your career where you want it to go. If you're coming to us midcareer you will find terrific opportunities for growth.
Transfer product between building overflow warehouse (6151) and main warehouse (6200) located in Glendale. This includes driving a 26' straight truck, operating a forklift/walkie, and performing all other functions of an Inbound Warehouse Associate.
Essential duties and responsibilities (cross-training and other duties may be assigned):
Dock and 26' Straight Truck Operations
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle (Report maintenance and deficiencies immediately)
- Secure and safely transport material between BP building 6151 and 6200
- Secure and prep the truck at the end of shift for the next shift
- Load and Unload straight truck with walkie-rider or hand operated pallet jack
- Load and unload vendor's trailers with sit-down forklift or walkie-rider
- Organize and stage product on the dock after unloading
- Breakdown pallets, identify product, UOM and accurately count product
- Use RF scanning device document product into the system
- Use forklifts and walkie-rider to move and organize equipment
- Identify storage locations for product, accurately complete put away transaction
- Follow all safety procedures and rules established in the facility. Wear proper PPE.
- Keep all work areas clean and free of hazards. Notify supervisor of any safety hazards or damaged products.
- Actively participate in all safety and other training programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must have a focus on quality and accuracy and a desire to learn.
- Minimum of 1 year of warehouse experience. Truck driving experience is preferred. Forklift certification is a plus, but not necessary.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and carry auto insurance
- Must have clean driving record for past 3-5 years
- Operate with minimum oversight after given instructions
- Maintain ongoing communication with inbound management
- Good Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Communicate with vendors and drivers delivering products
- Some computer skills may be required
The physical demands required to perform the essential responsibilities of this position are as follows. Reasonable accommodations, if necessary and/or as required by law, will be made available.
- This position requires operating a 26' straight truck.
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk and use hands to handle or touch; frequently talk, hear and lift up to 50 pounds; and occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach above shoulders, and use foot to operate a machine to lift more than 100 pounds
- The position also requires the employee to regularly use electronic scanning devices.
- The position requires use of manual and mechanical equipment as needed. Training/certification will be provided as needed.
- While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee will occasionally be exposed to sheltered weather conditions and unheated/non-air-conditioned spaces, fumes or airborne particles, and the limited risk of electrical shock.
- The level of noise in the working environment is moderate to loud.
- Protective clothing and/or equipment used in this position includes ear protection, eye protection, gloves, and steel-toed shoes