Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The General Labor/Production position is responsible for a variety of duties including but not limited to prep work for operations, rotating between line positions, opening and dumping bags of ingredients into filler equipment, filling nesting trays and carton magazines, assembling cases, hand placing product onto line, packing finished cartons into cases, and performing housekeeping and cleanup while following all safety regulations and ensuring all GMP and quality standards are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
- Regular attendance to ensure production requirements are met
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs
- Put on all required personal protective equipment and safety gear and perform a safety check on equipment to be used in the daily operations and insure that all safety devices are functioning properly
- Feed filler equipment with vegetables, protein, fillings and sauces, position boxed meat to work stations, fill nesting hoppers with trays, fill carton magazines, assemble cases, monitor case sealer and monitor dough caps as required.
- Manually place proper portion of protein (e.g., chicken, beef etc.) into trays as they pass on conveyor
- Manually pack finished cartons of product into cases and push full cases to case sealer
- Manually position empty pallet and hand stack finished cases on pallets
- Keep work area clear and clean, re-seal and put away used components and packaging material, breakdown boxes, place trash in proper receptacles and clean tools and equipment as required
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings, safety meetings, and other meetings as required
- May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of GMP's and plant safety
- Understanding of damage/loss
- Knowledge of 5s principles
- Ability to work with pork, chicken, beef and shellfish products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum 6 months production or related experience preferred.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.