Gehl Foods Employer Summary
Located just outside of Milwaukee, Gehl Foods, LLC is one of America*s fastest growing food and beverage manufacturing companies. Since our founding in the late 1800s, we have enjoyed a reputation of quality, safety and innovation.
Today, we develop ready-to-serve aseptic products (like nacho cheese and nutritional shakes), locking in freshness, without refrigeration or compromising taste. As an industry leader, we pride ourselves in offering custom, creative aseptic solutions to some of the world*s biggest companies and divisions including retail and .
With our continued success and rapid growth in the industry, Gehl Foods is looking for qualified individuals to join us on our journey to becoming a global leader. It is an exciting time to be a part of our company. If you are looking for a chance to take your skills and experience to the next level, and the opportunity to impact our business, then feed your future as part of the Gehl Foods Team.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager (BUM), the Business Unit Supervisor is primarily responsible for managing production staff performance, monitoring work flow output, promoting safety, quality and overall efficiency on their assigned shift. This position is responsible for overseeing employee performance management and development, plant production schedules in addition to monitoring efficiency and output to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and monitoring compliance with company standards, while encouraging the highest level of organizational safety, quality, efficiency, and employee engagement.
- Responsible for creation of master production schedules to include, but not limited to; Work station, FPQ rework assignments , employee training and rectifying scheduling gaps.
- Coordinates all activities assigned to production startups, shutdowns and changeovers.
- Participates in production staff recruitment, selection, orientation and training processes for assigned work unit.
- Provides recommendations, organization and oversight to production staff training and development programs.
- Contributes to matters regarding employee relations to include counseling, investigations, disciplinary action and termination of employment.
- Responsible for staff performance management, IDP creation (Individual Development Plans), coaching and development processes to encourage employee contribution, challenge their potential and maximize their results.
- Facilitates or leads huddle teams, cascading communications, shift exchanges and other assigned departmental meetings to ensure consistent messaging and targeted objectives are effectively communicated.
- Contributes to a spirit of cooperation between shifts, departments and developing an overall culture of teamwork and high performance.
- Promotes, enforces, builds awareness and compliance with safety standards and reports all concerns to Management
- Participates in Safety, Quality and Environmental audits and takes appropriate and timely corrective actions as required.
- Provide recommendations to Management regarding improvement in Safety, Quality and Efficiency.
- Promotes a continuous improvement culture through the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining robust technical knowledge on all equipment in their assigned work unit in order to operate a production line.
- Conducts Accident and Near Miss investigations, safety tours and corrective actions
- Demonstrates and enforces Safety, Quality and all other company policy compliance.
- Leads FPQ resolutions, disposition and follow up.
- *Expected to provide leadership in a key functional area such as Safety, Quality, OEE, cost, etc.
- Ensure that required competencies to carry out these job functions affecting product legality, safety and quality are met in accordance with the Quality Policy and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard.
- Ensures compliance with Gehl safety standards and with applicable regulatory requirements while following the company*s Good Manufacturing Practices.
- High School or Equivalent Diploma
- 5 years of Manufacturing experience, ideally in in a food, process, high-speed packaging or Form-Fill-Seal industry
- 2 years of management or team lead experience ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated abilities to motivate and manage staff through change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Proven track record of leadership competency, including coaching, conviction, positive outlook, resilience and a strong team focus
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Technical knowledge of aseptic processes, equipment and products
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and related software including Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Previous experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or Human Machine Interface (HMI) system
- Bachelor*s degree, preferably with a Science, Engineering, or Business focus (Strongly Preferred)
- Proven abilities to identify and driven process improvements yielding increased efficiencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with and influence others in the organization
- Ability to interpret, communicate and execute plans or instructions in a time sensitive manner with limited direction and resources in a frequently changing environment