Essential Functions of the Job:
* Set up the assembly job by locating parts and gathering materials according to the work order.
* Layout and position wire harnesses, subassemblies, and hoses according to prints.
* Align, position and assemble components using hand tools, including impacts and torque tools.
* Installs moving parts such as engines, clutches, pumps, hoses, and bearings.
* Drills, taps, or reams holes as necessary.
* Fabricate and weld parts using fluxcore wire.
* Paint small parts with touch-up as necessary.
* Test the portable hydraulic units, and plumb it to the unit.
* Use overhead cranes and jib cranes to maneuver and assemble large assemblies.
* Test the unit as needed with hydraulic pressure gauges; checking for pressure and leaks.
* Calibrate and regulate units and final assemblies to meet load capacities and operating requirements.
* Follow final test procedures and work from checklists for final quality inspection.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
* Knowledge and basic understanding of metal product assembly techniques.
* Knowledge of basic math.
* Able to read and interpret blueprints and assembly instructions.
* Knowledge of basic electrical principles and hydraulics.
* Able to use hand and power tools.
* Able to perform basic measurements using tape measure, protractor and other measuring devices.
* Able to operate a manual hand truck and overhead crane.
* Able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
* Able to wear personal protective equipment.
* Able to work overtime and/or including weekends as production schedules dictate.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred with 1-3 years of previous heavy assembly or welding experience; preferably in a metal manufacturing production environment.
Work performed in a non-climate controlled metal manufacturing production environment, with frequent standing, twisting, bending, stooping, and climbing in and around metal fabricated parts. Frequent lifting, pushing or pulling of 60 pounds alone, and >60 pounds with assistance. Requires sufficient manual dexterity and visual acuity to identify required parts and operate production assembly equipment (i.e. hand tools, power tools, forklift truck, etc.)
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com