Location: Hershey, PA
The Hershey Company manufactures the products you've known all your life. We're also among the top company brands in the world and the #1 producer of chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery products in North America. There are two co-op positions for each role in 2020. One is from January through July and the second one is from July through December. When you apply, you will be able to indicate your preference. Below are the potential Co-Op roles:
- Inventory Management - Manage/control finished goods inventories for assigned items.
- Product deployment from the producing plants
- Product age is monitored
- Disposition is provided on items that have reached a critical ship date
- JDA Planning Software System Maintenance - Set up and maintain all JDA DRP system settings for new and existing items and make necessary modifications to achieve desired business results.
- Shipment Execution Support - Manage product flow using appropriate planning tools for assigned facilities. Work with the third-party operators to balance operational and shipping needs while understanding both the customer service needs for product as well as the third party's operational constraints. Inform the supply planners of issues and work with distribution management and the third party to resolve issues.
- Inventory Deployment - Evaluate product needs for assigned co-packing facilities and build efficient and timely loads of intermediate product from Plants &/or DC's to support production schedules.
- Load Building - Support the building of loads in Manugistics either directly or in a backup role. Understand the load building tool, load capacities, item attributes and how they influence load building.
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore or above status with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Supply Chain Management, Mathematics or Business majors preferred
- Superior strategic thinking and planning
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to nurture and contribute to innovation and creative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communicator to wide breadth of audiences including senior management
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans