Pediatric ophthalmology office (medical and surgical eye care for children) seeking a reliable and energetic team player to assist surgeon with children's eye exams and front office/reception work in our busy office.
This is a great opportunity for college grad interested in healthcare to learn all aspects (clinical and administrative) of an efficient medical office with opportunity to advance.
Applicant must be able to commit to the following hours for at least 1 year.
This is not a flex time position and student schedules cannot be accommodated.
Part time hours = 32 hours/week:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with a 45 minute lunch
Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Experience is not required and we will train a fast-learner who also takes the initiative to learn independently.
Position includes front desk duties during non-patient hours to assist front desk:
1. Answering phones and scheduling patients in easy-to-use LYTEC medical computer system
2. Transcription of letters to referring doctors. Must be able to type 40+ words a minute using Microsoft word.
3. Accurate filing of charts
4. Ordering office supplies and keeping records up-to-date and accurate
5. Other general office duties
Applicants who submit a COMPLETE RESUME and COVER LETTER will be contacted for a preliminary phone interview.