At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
Responsible for the direct care of those we serve and supervision of staff, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state in which employed as well as ministry policies and procedures. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Performs delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Anticipates, recognizes, reports and responds to changes in resident/patient condition.
- Implements interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent.
- Assists residents and families with care planning, education and referrals.
- Follows regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood.
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interprets existing policies and procedures to certified nursing assistants, certified medication aides, residents, and families.
- Supervises staff, evaluates the provision of direct resident care, and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Follows staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process by providing information on the clinical performance of certified nurse assistants and certified medication aides to the DON or DCS.
- Monitors staff compliance with infection control, personal protection equipment, blood borne pathogens, hazardous material handling and fire safety.
- Completion of an accredited LPN program.
- A minimum of one year experience as a LPN preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Possess working knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
- Current Wisconsin LPN license in good standing.
- BLS certification preferred.