JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Information Technology (IT) and Cloud Services is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT service technology and cloud services, across the organization. This includes directing all IT, Cloud infrastructure and data management to meet end-user requirements, as well as the support of existing and new technical solutions. This position requires knowledge in the delivery of Oracle Cloud services, IT Cloud-based services, e-Commerce operations and architectures leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability desired.
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Maximizes processing capability/cadence.
- Implements and align systems that accomplish the company's Cloud Initiatives and Goals.
- Effectively recruits, retains and develops a unified team that delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers that positively impacts business results.
- Directs and prioritize the workload of the IT and Oracle Cloud Team.
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all Cloud architectures, operations and software evaluations, and maintains vendor contracts.
- Represents the IT Cloud Services function at customer review meetings, when appropriate.
- Performs liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Manages an annual budget.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience working with Oracle, of which 2 years must be working directly with Oracle cloud, experience in the most current technologies and products used in the Cloud Services field preferred.
- A minimum of eight years’ managerial experience in an Information Technology operational environment.
- Able to synthesize and tactfully support business goals while driving corporate revenue growth through innovative e-Commerce solutions.
- Strong business acumen; a strong combination of technical and business skills; interpersonal skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to identify and implement best practices
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and team members at sites across the U.S., global operational environment preferred.
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and future planning
- The ability to see how parts interact with the whole.
- Knowledge of storage and computer systems associated with flawless delivery.
- Strong Leadership and the ability to foster team collaboration/contribution, time management and efficiency of execution.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken with the ability to explain complex technical issues in a way the non-technical people can understand.
- Business acumen, able to synthesize and tactfully support business goals and drive revenue growth through e-commerce.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
IBVI is committed to maximizing employment opportunities for the blind and visually impaired. Blind and visually impaired individuals will be given hiring priority. We are required to fill certain positions with legally blind individuals.
- Light to moderate noise levels
- Moderate to low light levels
- Occasional Corporate Travel as assigned for industry events and training.
Compensation and Benefits: Vacation time, discretionary bonus, health insurance, dental, FSA, life and disability insurance and a 403B retirement plan with a generous company match.
IBVI is a leading manufacturer, supplier and distributor of industrial office supplies, office furniture, customized kitting and promotional products. We are looking for amazing people to join our team! Recognized globally as an industry leader in workplace accessibility, we are dedicated to employing a diverse workforce.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job described.
Industries for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
IBVI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.