Masterson Staffing Solutions is searching for a Confidential Assistant for a company in Kohler, WI.
Under the supervision of Director, create written correspondence; reports, letters, exhibits and memoranda. Maintain files, records, follow-ups, reports, etc. With minimal supervision perform a variety of administrative tasks to relieve the Engineering staff of detailed administrative and routine work. Also required to do typing, filing spread sheet analysis, and general secretarial duties.
1. Work daily with department engineers on a variety of tasks including developing spreadsheets, data entry, expediting packages, and other small projects.
2. Receive telephone calls for assigned personnel in their absence. Record message or obtain a qualified person to take the call, if possible. Respond with information.
3. Sort and distribute incoming mail for area, which can involve carrying packages.
4. Order and maintain office supplies.
5. Schedule meetings and make appointments using Microsoft Outlook for department personnel.
6. Work with department engineers to expedite new product development launches. This would include packing and shipping product samples.
7. Look for process improvement opportunities and implement them.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school graduate including typing courses or equivalent experience. Knowledge of filing systems, technical terms and company correspondence practices desirable. Experience with personal computers and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. This position requires a person with good organizational and verbal communication skills and who is willing to assume responsibility. One to three years office experience required.
Must manage time well. Needs to identify job tasks to be done each day, prioritize those tasks, and complete them with little direction.