This position is responsible for assisting the Facilities Director in the daily maintenance and cleaning of our facilities. This position is a year round, part-time position working Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Main Job Responsibilities
- General janitorial, facility and ground maintenance.
- Walkway maintenance including sweeping and shoveling.
- Inventory and stocking of janitorial supplies.
- Set up and break down rooms for meeting, special events, etc.
- Respond to last-minute requests, emergency clean-ups, etc.
- One-year experience working in the building maintenance field or general construction.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and must be at least 21 years old
- General knowledge of janitorial ground keeping, carpentry, plumbing, electric and painting.
- Patient, positive attitude, and cultural competency
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Ability to work independently and within a team context to achieve maximized results.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse staff members.
- Bilingual in Spanish (written and spoken) strongly preferred
- Cultural competency, positive attitude, friendly and courteous
- The physical requirements are the ability to stand, sit, bend, and twist for long periods (e.g., shovel snow, mow lawns, etc.); ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds; and ability to walk up stairs.