First Midwest, with assets over $18 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
Responsible for handling telephone and web base residential first mortgage loan inquiries generating high quality loan applications and processing them to completion. Identifies client’s financial needs by offering appropriate products and services while completing the loan application. Through outbound calling, actively follows up on all existing open leads. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and have the ability to multi-task. Must meet or exceed monthly loan goals, conversion (lead to application) rates and referral goals. This person needs to be a high achiever, self-motivated, high sense of self-worth, high energy/intensity, and results oriented and persuasive.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- College degree or commensurate experience in mortgage lending
- Minimum 2 years mortgage lending experience with the ability to analyze and restructure loan applications required
- Proven ability in achieving production goals with a high earned income history
- Excellent communication/interpersonal/organizational skills necessary
- Experience in an inbound and outbound call center required
- Proven lending experience required, knowledge of mortgage loan products, secondary market and underwriting guidelines
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Position requires the need to work varied hours
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements
- Ensure all incoming telephone inquiries received and outbound sales calls made are preformed with the highest degree of courtesy, respect, professionalism and accuracy
- Employing professional telephone sales techniques consults and educates potential applicants to convert inbound leads to applications
- Demonstrate expertise in both the benefit and implications of a loan transaction
- Provides multiple loan options to clients to best meet their financial goals
- Operate in a fast pace environment and have the ability to multi-task
- Complete loan application inquiries over the phone, prepare documentation and process applications within appropriate procedures
- Analyze each loan application to determine credit worthiness and appropriate loan products – explain to customer the various product options and terms
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all bank products and services including pricing, bank policies and government regulations
- Make referrals to appropriate specialist including commercial, small business, investments and trust
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with consumer protection regulations in a defined area of responsibility. Implement bank-directed policy and changes relating to regulatory amendments
- Active follow up on existing dormant/ nurture leads via telephone and email to generate additional business
- Work with internal departments to assist with any client issues
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhereand Supplement here.