The Jewish Home and Care Center is a non-profit group in the senior living industry. As part of Ovation Communities, we have been serving the people of the Greater Milwaukee area for over 100 years. These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, continuous quality improvement efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun.
The Cook prepares palatable, nourishing, well-balanced diets to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs of each resident according to their comprehensive resident assessment and plan of care. All Dietary Service tasks to prepare food and to clean and sanitize equipment and workspaces are done in compliance with facility policies and procedures and State and Federal laws and regulations.
Essential Duties (This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.)
- Prepares food in sufficient quantities and with high quality in accordance with the assigned menus
- Assures that the meal preparations are timed to meet the serving deadlines
- Ensures that food handling procedures are in accordance with sanitation policies of the facility and the State and Federal regulation agencies
- Monitors food inventories to assure that the needs for the menus and special dietary needs of the resident are met
- Ensures that the cooking staff observes Kashrus in food preparation at all times. Notifies the Director and Rabbi when a problem arises in Kashrus
- Confers with the Food Service Manager or the Director when there are problems in the kitchen, including personnel problems
- Works with the Food Service manager to standardize recipes and ensures the cooking staff is familiar with the recipes and preparations
- Assures consistency in meal preparation among the members of the cooking staff, in order to provide quality meals at all times
- Oversees the quality control program for the cooking staff, maintaining a quality product and an efficient staff
- Assists in the scheduling of cooks and other staff as needed to maintain consistent staffing levels
- Follows through on personnel issues, including discipline, attendance, etc. for the cooking staff. Informs manager of any problems that arise with the staff
- Assists the Manager with preparation for State inspections. Attends survey training and interacts with State surveyors as instructed by supervisor
- Reports injury to self or others to supervisor immediately
- Participates in fire and disaster drills. In the event of an emergency carries out assigned duties to assure resident safety
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years of cooking experience
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
EOE: We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.