The mandate of the Global Investigations/CorporateInvestigations group is to protect BMOFG people, assets and information andprovide subject matter expertise and oversight as it relates to criminal risk.
Corporate Investigations is accountablefor investigating and responding to threats or offences against people orproperty of BMOFG. This includes suspected or confirmed incidents that have anelement of criminal risk (internal and external), breaches of the BMOFGCode of Conduct, threats and offenses against people and property, and acts ofviolence. Corporate Investigations utilizes a systematic, disciplined andintelligence-based approach with a focus on prevention and recovery in accordancewith applicable laws and regulations.
Reporting to the Regional SecurityManager, the Investigator is accountable to conduct comprehensiveinvestigations and provide consultation as appropriate to all BMOFG departmentswithin the U.S. This role executes the strategic priorities of theEnterprise Criminal Risk Management Framework, reinforces BMOFG's commitment tomaximizing shareholder value, and contributes to BMOFG's high performanceculture and reputation with shareholders, directors and otherstakeholders.
Through the effective execution of thisrole, the impact of criminal risk on the customer will be minimized.
* Ensureall possible measures are taken to recover losses and prevent or reduce furtherlosses
* Ensureall significant issues are escalated in a timely manner to the RegionalSecurity Manager
* Provideprofessional, security consultation services to all lines of business
* Preparetimely, concise, investigative reports
* Identifyand recommend possible improvements to standards, systems, and procedures
* Responsiblefor escalating risks and emerging trends to mitigate risks and financialexposure from criminal activity
* RepresentBMOFG on fraud related committees and industry working groups, and work withexternal parties to understand the competitive landscape, keep abreast ofindustry developments and represent the interests of BMOFG
* Refermatters and coordinate with law enforcement when applicable
* RepresentBMOFG in criminal and civil court when required
* Improveoperational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending and implementingprocess improvement initiatives
* Communicateopenly and regularly about business issues
* Establishand maintain a good working relationship with lines of business throughout theorganization by conducting professional, thorough investigations, and providingadvice and counsel as applicable
* Establishand maintain a good working relationship with appropriate law enforcementofficials as well as peers within the financial industry community
* Liaisewith industry associations, exchanging information on trends, issues andopportunities. Represent BMO at various industry forums
* Escalatecircumstances requiring exceptions for resolution
Business Performance Management
* Deliverexceptional service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent,and knowledgeable support
* Provideinput and recommendations to effectively manage criminal risk
* Contributeto BMOFG's overall business results by making recommendations that improveoperational efficiency and effectiveness
* Demonstratebehaviours that are consistent with BMO's "Our Way" model and aligned with BMOvalues
* Adhereto all regulatory and compliance requirements
* Adhereto all business unit policies and procedures
* Ensurestrict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and internal Bankinformation
* Escalatebusiness unit control risks and gaps
* InformationAccess Authority - to use and access confidential information related to employeeinformation, customer information, product and financial information forfurthering the above. This role has the authority to approve confidentialinformation access to others where applicable
* InformationAuthority - to provide information and intelligence which others must consider
Scope & Impact
* Thisrole has direct impact on the achievement of key business unit objectives. Thisrole contributes to BMO Financial Group's overall business results by reducingand preventing losses from criminal activity.
* Thisposition has no Direct Reports
This role requires the incumbent tointeract with the following processes and/orgroups:
* Relationshipmanagement between BMOFG and other financial institutions
* Advanced knowledge of criminal law and investigative principles, practices and policies in a large multi-product, multi business environment
* Strong knowledge of risk and regulatory requirements and management as they apply to fraud and other criminal risk
* 10 years of related experience
* Strong knowledge and understanding of the business unit's key products and services, technologies, processes and controls
* Strong knowledge of internal control processes
* Good working knowledge and experience of banking and computer systems (Microsoft)
* Working knowledge of the criminal justice system, criminal law, and rules of evidence
* Knowledge of how to conduct effective and efficient interviews is essential
* Strong change management skills
* Strong conflict management/ resolution skills
* Strong decision-making skills
* Strong prioritization skills - demonstrated skills in the organization and analysis of information as well as the ability to prioritize work
* Strong communication skills including high degree of "Listening Skills"
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong ability to influence multiple stakeholders and engage their support and consensus.
* Strong facilitation/ presentation skills
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.