JOB POSTING! BUT FIRST, A MESSAGE:
We understand these are confusing times as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis. We are still actively seeking caregivers and support staff for our clients. We can do virtual interviews and paperwork can be completed online. Some positions may not start until the current situation is over, but interviews and hiring procedures can be completed now so you can begin a wonderful new job when this crisis has passed. The completion and approval of required paperwork can sometimes take weeks. This is the PERFECT time to start that process!
AND WITH THAT, HERE IS JUST ONE OF MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE WITH OUR WONDERFUL CLIENTS:
Paid Peer Mentor / Community Integration Specialist - Glendale
Want to make a difference in a loving & intelligent young man's life? We are hiring a special person to join our team to help this man with autism and Cerebral Palsy through friendship and social engagement. The ideal candidate will be engaging, calm, positive, interactive, creative and reliable, with strong communication skills. Shadowing other team members will provide resources to do your best work.
Peer mentor/ Community integration specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working on short and long term goals that are important and specific to this young man. Developing trust and a strong sense of partnership takes time so it is for this reason we are hiring with the intention of long-term employment. Part-time, up to 12 hours a week. Wage is $15.00 an hour. If interested, please complete the included questionnaire and send your resume to email@example.com.
Saturday afternoons preferred, possibly some later afternoon hours during the week.
Support responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work individually to provide support for client to plan his day, complete daily routines and follow through with schedule of activities.
- Assist in activities of clients' choosing in the community (outside recreation, visiting coffee shops, and working out is a start).
- Facilitating community integration and peer relationships
- Focus on positive enjoyable engagement and behavior supports to reduce frustration and anxiety
- Support and encourage communication with you, others in the community and with family
- Experience in working with individuals with Autism is not mandatory.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be reliable.
- Possess a valid driver’s license (driving may be required).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Job location: Glendale