Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Read and interpret Blue Prints to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces.
* Plan and complete setups from detailed manufacturing drawings and programs.
* Setup, operate and perform edits on a CNC vertical milling centers in a short run high tolerance job shop environment. (3-5 setups a day)
* Select appropriate tooling and fixtures based on materials and tolerances called out.
* Manage and organize workflow according to order dates and routing details.
* Responsible for taking an accurate account of setup and run times.
* Report to machine shop manager on a weekly basis as to the status of workflow to ensure order dates are met on time.
* 2-5 years of school and/or work experience setting up and operating CNC milling centers in a job shop setting.
* Knowledge and understanding of G/M-codes, speeds/feeds, and GD&T.
* Possesses own basic measuring equipment and hand tools.
* Knowledge and experience with other shop tools such as bench grinders, arbor presses, drill presses, Etc.
* Applicant should be mechanically inclined with good problem solving skills and the means to work independently.
* Strong math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, radii, angles, trig, and geometry.
* Demonstrates high productivity through use of good planning.
* Attention to detail with a desire to maintain high standards of workmanship.
* Flexibility and willingness to operate other equipment, perform work outside of job duties when asked, and work overtime hours when required.
* Capable of lifting up to 30 pounds.
* Fixture design and building is a plus.
* Experience working with stainless preferred but not required.
* Programing experience preferred.
* Gibbs cam experience a plus.
* Two-year technical degree in CNC/Tool and Die technologies preferred.
* CNC Set-up/operator certificate preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent
Job type: Full time
Work hours: 1st shift
Salary: $18-25/hr DOE
* Health, Vision, Dental
* Paid Holidays
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Flexible work starts
* Clean, Air conditioned environment
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com