Application ArchitectUline is seeking an Application Architect to join our Technology team.
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Come visit one of our Open Houses! Visit uline.jobs for details. Position Responsibilities
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Lead the architecture design and support for the enterprise application portfolio, including third-party and custom applications for enterprise-wide capabilities, such as document management and collaboration, as well as Finance and HR systems.
- Recommend alternatives for how to migrate the application portfolio to best align with business needs and to optimize maintainability and performance.
- Lead evaluation of purchased software alternatives, including potential human capital management and finance application suites.
- Architect the composition of custom-built solutions.
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Design solutions for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to application development and technical designers.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Broad knowledge and experience with multiple technologies such as Java, Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, nTier, database management systems and open source trends.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems.
- Strong database design and implementation knowledge.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communication with various levels of management and staff in both the business and IT.
- Able to recognize forward-looking business needs along with industry, business and IT trends.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site cafe with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.#LI-TE1