Under close supervision, this position is responsible for operating welding equipment to build high quality parts, subassemblies, and finished product in a manufacturing environment. Weldments vary in type, size, and construction.
Essential Function and Responsibilities
* Operates robotic welding equipment to produce scissor assemblies and fabricated metal parts, loads and unloads parts, checks quality of welds, and does basic troubleshooting.
* Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment with MIG, holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint.
* Produces parts per part print and labor standards to achieve production goals.
* Observes robot operation to detect defects or machine malfunction and reports issues that may fall outside of product specifications.
* Operates saws, ironworker, and drill presses.
* Tack-weld parts in preparation for final welding.
* Chips or grinds off burrs, sharp edges, excess weld, slag, or spatter using hand or bench grinders as well as other power tools.
* Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
* Uses inspection devices as necessary to inspect parts and verify that the part is to print as required.
* Maintains a clean, organized work area to support 5S initiative, personal and environment safety goals, and accomplish quality production.
* Follows safety regulations and observes environment to ensure safe working conditions are present and corrects issues that need attention.
* Accurately completes daily time cards and required production documentation.
* Communicates with co-workers to maintain required production line flow.
* Serves as a positive role model in the work place and works in teams to accomplish overall plant goals regarding safety, efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
* May perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Department: Production- West Bend
Reports To: Production Supervisor
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 1 year experience welding in a manufacturing industry or equivalent
* Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
* Ability to read measurement devices such as tape measure, combination square, carpenters square, T square, etc.
* Preferred -Ability to read and comprehend detailed drawings, prints, and work orders
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
* Ability to lift, position, move, bend, flip parts in order to accomplish production goals that require loading, adjusting, turning, and removing small and large parts up to 50lbs
* Stands, bends, stretches, reaches, lifts repetitively to accomplish welding and other company-wide production goals
* Ability to occasionally lift greater than 75lbs with assistance
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, reach, lift, sit, in hot, cold, dusty, elevated, noisy area where foot and automated equipment movement, airborne, dust/fumes, and ultraviolet light are present
* Exposure to moving mechanical parts